I had one more Christmassy Q&A completed and I couldn't resist letting you guys see it before the New Year!
So here it is... courtesy of Claire Andre, Police Liaison Lead for Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust:
1. When do you start getting excited for Christmas Day?
1st December, as doesn’t feel right before then.
2. Do you still have an advent calendar? If yes, which do you have and if no, when did you stop having them?
Of course! Hotel Chocolat advent calendar. It’s a rule in our house that you can eat chocolate before breakfast in December and at Easter!
3. What are favourite Christmas movies?
Polar Express is my favourite - it’s the most magical, but I do like Elf too!
4. Do you have any funny Christmas stories/memories?
Can think of any, before my son I would work a long day on Christmas Day on the wards, and turn up in my Santa hat, with tinsel and full of excitement. Wanted to make it the best I could for those in hospital. Have a few funny stories on these days, but it’s not fair to share.
5. What's your typical Christmas Day?
Now with a child - up at 4am ( if I’m lucky!), presents opening, playing or building new toys, dinner either at mine or my parents, then more playing and more food!
6. What do you eat for you Christmas dinner? And what is your favourite part of it?
Ooo Turkey, potatoes, roast parsnips, peas, carrots, Yorkshire puddings, stuffing! My favourite being crispy pigs in blankets! Mmm I’m hungry now!
7. Do you have any Christmas traditions?
New PJs on Christmas Eve, me and my boy making a chocolate log, food out for Santa and the reindeer and an adopted tradition from my hubby’s family. Where you have a bag of little gifts that get opened after dinner/evening.
8. What are your favourite Christmas songs?
Baby it’s Cold outside and Fairytale of New York.
9. What has been your favourite Christmas present?
I’m not about big expensive gifts, i love everything, especially new bath/pamper products. But in recent years it must be things my son chooses - as they are always so sweet and thoughtful.
10. Do you prefer a real or fake Christmas tree?
Never had a real one, so love my artificial one.
11. This year, do you think you'd be on the naughty or nice list?
Always nice - honest! 😉
12. Do you prefer giving or receiving presents?
Giving - love the joy and excitement in people’s faces opening them.
13. Where would be your dream place to spend Christmas?
Always with family. But if I could go away somewhere maybe a log cabin in Lapland. How magical would that be?!
14. Are you good at wrapping presents?
I love wrapping presents, love using ribbon and tags and making them look pretty. Or like a proper present as my son says!
15. What time do you usually get up on Christmas morning? Is this different from when you were little?
Before my son probably around 6 or 7 ( depending on if I was at work), now more like 4am! I don’t remember if I got up early as a child but I do remember the excited feeling!
16. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn't real? And how did you find out?
What do you mean find out he isn’t real? That must be a trick question. I’ve met Santa many times he is sooo real!
17. What is your dream Christmas present?
Don’t really have one, as it not about big gifts for me. This year it’s all about unicorns! Love them!
18. Have you asked for anything this year? If yes, what?
Unicorns! Magical things and lovely smelling things!
19. If you could spend Christmas with anyone - living or dead, celebrity or someone you know - who would it be?
I would say family that have gone it would always be great to have another day. But if I’m pushed for a celebrity - I would never say no to Tom Hardy or Jason Momoa!