Thanks to Aimee for giving me a guest blog space!!
Hi everyone, I am the Yorkshire regional worker for YoungMinds, a charity who support the emotional well-being and mental health of children and young people.
We have now launched our biggest campaign to date, ‘YoungMinds Vs: Fight the Pressure’. Taking into account the voices and experiences of over 3500 young people across the country, ‘YoungMinds Vs’ focuses on battling 5 main issues that these young people have identified as affecting them the most:
· YoungMinds Vs Bullying – “Stop the Rot”
· YoungMinds Vs No Work – “Fight for our Future”
· YoungMinds Vs No Help – “Make Your Feelings Loud”
· YoungMinds Vs School Stress – “Rewrite the Rules”
· YoungMinds Vs Sexed Up – “Don’t Believe the Hype”
This ‘mass movement’ aims to get thousands more young people involved, from a range of backgrounds
· Show your support by signing up to the campaign at
· Like our Facebook page and share the messages about the campaign on line
· Tweet about our campaign and join the conversation #fightthepressure
· Come along to one of our free training events in Yorkshire – the next one is likely to be on 13th September in York - go to our get active page to find out more
· Ask your school or youth group if they want us to come in and deliver free workshops to their young people about one of the campaign areas
· contact me, Liz Neill 07817771181 firstname.lastname@example.org (Facebook Liz YoungMinds) to find out about other events which are happening in your area.