I also just thought I'd mention what I have coming up these next few months:
- I'm beginning another Distance Learning course soon!
- I also have 'Taking Control,' 'Coping with Endings' and 'The Big Debate' at Recovery College this term. And then 'Finding the Hero Inside' which is the creative writing course I'll be co-facilitating before holding my own workshop.
- I have my training with work coming up.
- My BIRTHDAY is February 1st
- And an event with ITV and YoungMinds on the 2nd!
So, I got back onto the site and visited every single website that were offering to gift bloggers. I found the products I liked the best (regardless of their price tag) and sent e'mails to the contact lists explaining how the fact I choose to blog about my mental health, doesn't mean that I don't like fashion or beauty as much as the next girl. And, the traffic my blog gets means no different than that of a beauty or fashion blog!
So far, I've had three replies and all three were a 'yes.' So, there will be some beauty reviews coming up... I don't want people to come to my blog and think 'this isn't what Aimee does' and turn away to a beauty blogger who will do reviews a hell of a lot better, so I've thought it through carefully. If you've had DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy), one of the skills I have found the most useful when I'm struggling, is 'self soothe.' And this is how I'm adapting my reviews into my blog. By using the products as soothing. When I score them, it won't be compared to other products by different brands; it'll be in terms of how useful they were to cheering me up just a little bit.