It’s a special time of year and so, to celebrate it, I wanted to do something special on I’m NOT Disordered for Christmas. I have decided to bring back the Christmassy Q&A I put together last year with the questions being from a YouTube video and have posed them to many different people from all of the country and doing all sorts of jobs, in all sorts of roles, living all kinds of lives!
So let’s kick off Day Eight of 12 Days of Christmas with I'm NOT Disordered with the answers of Ellen White, winner of a Mind Award and a blogger at www.ellensocdblog.com
1. When do you start getting excited for Christmas Day?
I’d say probably around the start of December, although I think I really begin to get excited when we put the Christmas tree up!
2. Do you still have an advent calendar? If yes, which do you have and if no, when did you stop having them?
Yes! I have a dairy free chocolate advent calendar and an eraser advent calendar. So, each day you get a little character eraser…best purchase of 2017 I think.
3. What are favourite Christmas movies?
Probably Home Alone or Christmas with the Kranks.
4. Do you have any funny Christmas stories/memories?
A couple of years ago my cousins and I made a Christmas movie, which was really fun. Also, last year me and my sister tried to make these rice krispy Christmas trees, which absolutely failed but was a super funny process.
5. What's your typical Christmas Day?
We normally wake up around 8am, grab a quick breakfast and then open presents. Then, my aunt, uncle, cousin and Grandma normally come round about midday and we have a super good Christmas dinner about 1:30pm. Then, we just relax and chill for the rest of the day, watching films and chatting. Also…we can’t forget the CHEESE BOARD! (dairy free for me!)
6. What do you eat for you Christmas dinner? And what is your favourite part of it?
For our Christmas dinner, we normally have turkey, roast potatoes, pigs in blankets, carrots, peas, parsnip, stuffing, allllll the gravy and controversially…Yorkshire puddings!
7. Do you have any Christmas traditions?
We all have a designated spot in the living room for our presents, my sister and I are very territorial over our side of the Christmas tree. Other than that, I don’t think we really have too many traditions.
8. What are your favourite Christmas songs?
Underneath the Tree by Kelly Clarkson and any Michael Bublé Christmas song. Sia’s new album is great too though.
9. What has been your favourite Christmas present?
My favourite Christmas present has to have been my little bonsai tree. It was such a lovely surprise and it was so great to take care of.
10. Do you prefer a real or fake Christmas tree?
We have a fake one, although for quite a while we did get a real one. I just light pine scented candles to get the same Christmas tree smell effect nowadays.
11. This year, do you think you'd be on the naughty or nice list?
I’m hoping the nice list!?
12. Do you prefer giving or receiving presents?
I do really love giving presents, but of course it is really lovely to receive them too.
13. Where would be your dream place to spend Christmas?
I’d actually quite like to experience Christmas in Australia. I love the warm weather, so I think it’d be interesting to have a summer Christmas.
14. Are you good at wrapping presents?
Yep! I have wrapped every single Christmas present in the house, excluding my own, this year. I honestly find it really therapeutic.
15. What time do you usually get up on Christmas morning? Is this different from when you were little?
I normally get up about 8-9am. It does differ from when I was a kid, as I would normally get up around 6:30-7am, although I was never an insanely early riser which I’m sure my parents were relieved at!
16. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn't real?
And how did you find out? I think I was about 8? I can’t quite remember. O think I just slowly figured it out over time, there wasn’t a significant moment where I suddenly found out.
17. What is your dream Christmas present?
A holiday abroad somewhere! Or a plane ticket to see my friend in America.
18. Have you asked for anything this year? If yes, what?
I have asked for some shoes and just a few bits and bobs. My birthday is 8 days after Christmas, so it’s kinda all go go go at this time of year.
19. If you could spend Christmas with anyone - living or dead, celebrity or someone you know - who would it be?
Probably my friend in America, Jess!